Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Potty Training and Erasers

I cannot express how excited and PROUD of my Addisyn, who now wears BIG GIRL PANTIES!!! :) It has only been a week, but I feel like this is it this time... after many trial runs as I call them, of potty training. She just needed a little practice thats all! It makes me so happy to see the happiness she has in herself of doing it on her own!


The magic of Erasers....
Addi and I were coloring one afternoon, and we found a regular pencil in the box and she started using it. I thought to myself, I bet she would be intigued to learn that she should erase whatever she drew! Oh yes, I showed her and I think we went through an entire eraser to one pencil and about two otheres. As the day went on the idea of erasers slowly faded away, or so I thought. I was doing some things around the house and Addi comes running and screaming "mommy mommy my eyebrows, lets go see in the mirror, there gone, lets go see!!!!" I said WHAT, calm down, What are you talking about. She says to me, I erased them, lets go see the mirror, I want to see!! All I could do was laugh, and then explain to her that she could only erase the pencil drawings... she was a little upset that she couldnt erase whatever she wanted with it!!

2 comments:

Jody said...

Are you enjoying Suppers 8 and Breakfast Club? I noticed that you and Zack were in the nursery on Sunday, was it fun being in there as a team? Justin and I had to watch the nursery by ourselves one Sunday and it was pretty enjoyable.

Jill said...

:-) Yes, we are enjoying all of it! Suppers 8 is alright, its really nice to have a night to be with other adults and talk and enjoy good food. The nursery is fun for us and not that we dont do things together but somehow it is different to do things like that with eachother. I also enjoy being around the kids and hopefully become a familiar face to them, they are all so sweet! Breakfast Club is also good, Zach usually goes more than I do, I feel like it is really hard with the kids being as young as they are, I feel like we interupt a lot and I usually spend the most part of the morning walking around with Ryder so he does't cry. I feel bad, but I think once Ryder gets a little older, maybe walking, it will be easier for us all to go, so Zach and Addi usually go and me and Ryder come later. Oh but actually we are bringing breakfast this Sunday, so we will all be going:-)!