Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Broccoli Cheese Soup and Grahm Cracker Dessert

Broccoli Cheese Soup

2 bunches of broccoli (I use about one head)
2 cups red potatoes cleaned and chopped (I use about three or four med. size)
1/2 Cup onion ( I always use less)
2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
2 cans condensed cream of chicken ( I only use one, I think that two gives the soup a little too much weird flavor)
1/2 of a velveeta cheese block (you could also use a 12 oz package of cheddar cheese) I just like velveeta better, I think that it is creamier
Since I only use one cream of chicken I usually add a little milk so its not too thick
I also like to put celery in it, usually about two stalks chopped very fine (might as well get in as many veggies for the kids while you can!! :)

Parboil potatoes for about 10 min. don't let them cook all the way
Drain the water.
Add chicken broth, broccoli, and onion, and if you wanted any other veggies
Boil for about 20 minutes or until potatoes and broccoli are soft
Reduce to simmer.
Add cream of chicken soup and cheese.
Stir continuosly to prevent cheese from burning.
Heat thoroughly and SERVE AND ENJOY!!!


CRACKER DESSERT

Enough grahm crackers to cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking sheet. I think there is about a package and a half of them that will fit. You can leave them whole or break them in half.

6 squares Bakers semi sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth whatever you prefer
3 squares Bakers white baking chocolate

I line the bottem of the pan with foil, it makes it easeier to clean up, then cover with grahm crackers.
Microwave semi sweet chocolate and peanut butter, check it every 30 sec. to prevent burning and always stir it each time.
When it is all melted pour it over the grahm crackers, spread with spatula to covor completely.
Repeat microwaving steps with white chocolate.
When it is all melted drop spoonfuls of it over chocolate covered grahms.
Immediately cut through the chocolate mixtures with a knife several times to get that marble look.
I cover with foil and put it in the fridge for AT LEAST an hour to harden.


3 comments:

Jill said...

I also think that it would be fun to try different types of chocolate to melt and pour over, just to see if there is one that tastes better, if anyone tries something different.. LET ME KNOW!!!!

Jody said...

Yummy! I am looking forward to making the soup for the kids.

Jenny said...

Thanks for being exact on the measurements. For those of us who like exact numbers, we are thankful!